To compliment our range of Turntables, we also stock a range of Tonearms from Origin Live, Roksan and SME.
See below for our current favourites.
Roksan / Nima
Combining solid aluminium alloy tubing, a stainless steel alloy and polished acrylic; this remarkable arm is made of no less than ten individual precision-machined components which are then meticulously put together by skilled hands.
The Roksan Nima tonearm does not have standard internal wiring; so in order to transmit the signal from the cartridge in as higher quality as possible, the same flat-printed, circuit board cable developed for our top-of-the-range Artemiz arm is employed.
The unique design of the transit locking mechanism of the bearing assembly not only provides a safe transportation method, but also avoids damage if the arm is accidentally lifted off its bearing. The counterweight is decoupled and designed to mount off-centre thus allowing easy Azimuth correction. Vertical Tracking Angle (VTA) adjustment provides optimum alignment for almost any cartridge. The combination of polished acrylic headshell, silver anodised aluminium tubing and mirror chromed counterweight enhances NIMA's looks and conveys the true lightness and neutrality of this very special arm.
Origin Live / Onyx
The Onyx offers high end performance in a well built, highly attractive and economic package. This is only possible due to expertise gained from years at the forefront of high performance tonearm design. This experience has been refined to bring superb performance at extreme value for money.
SME / IV
The Series IV is a worthy relative of 'the best pick-up arm in the world' with a sonic performance reflecting the care and attention to detail underlying its design and manufacture.
• Unique one-piece pressure die-cast tone-arm utilising the advantages of magnesium, replaces conventional fabricated construction.
• Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibration leaving the tone-arm acoustically inert.
• Fine machined cartridge platform, enamel free to avoid interface resonance.
• Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm ABEC 3 ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
• Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
• Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
• 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm ABEC 7 ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
• Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filament. Dial corresponds with VTF and has positive OFF position.
•Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
• Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
• Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
• Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non-reflective tone-arm termination.
• Adjustment leadscrew journalled in twin ball races with lever clamping.
• Swvelling damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
• Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
• Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA).
• New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy.
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration. Each of the five Quintet Series cartridges has its own individual sonic expression, and all five models together represent the ensemble of five classic variations: